Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2020
Time: 10:30 AM Eastern Time (US and Canada)
3:30 PM British Summer Time
4:30 PM Central European Time
The cable design for a test system is critical for repeatability and accuracy, it needs care and expertise. Depending on the application, a test engineer needs to consider test specifications, including voltage, current, temperature, insertion losses, and more. Unless the test engineer is an expert on cabling, researching wires and connectors can be a daunting task.
There are times when a standard cable assembly is not suitable, and there is a need for custom connectors and wire types or specific harness wiring. Our free online Cable Design Tool (CDT) is a simple and efficient way of creating these custom cabling solutions.
In this training, we will demonstrate the tools abilities and features which include:
- A built-in library of standard cable sets—to be used as the basis for customization, or cables can just be defined from scratch
- Store cable assemblies in the Cloud and develop over time
- Create your own library and share with colleagues
- Each cable design has a pdf documentation file detailing all of the specifications
- Allows very detailed design characteristics including a selection of connector types, wire type, pin definitions, pin and cable labeling, cable bundling, length selection, sleeving, comments
- Add your own connectors and wires
- Fully supported on major tablet operating systems
To register for the event, please fill out the form HERE and if you have any topics that you would like to see presented, please use the form to send us your suggestions.